Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Birthdays, Haircuts & Aquariums

We celebrated Hayden's First Birthday last week. It was simple but special. He loved the mini cake I made him (which was really just a cupcake with icing all around it) and gobbled it up! He of course made a mess, but we knew that would happen. And besides, it's only cake!

He got a lot of presents from everyone. A wagon, a jogging stroller, a trip to the Georgia Aquarium, his first haircut, a Smart Trike tricycle, a savings bond, some toy cars, a sock friend, 2 cakes, and some other items we have not yet received from family members (but we know we are getting because they told us about it). All in all it was a very lovely first birthday. Next year though, we party!




























I have been spending the last few days in Atlanta with Sam's dad, visiting the Georgia Aquarium, and getting Hayden's first haircut! We have been having a blast. I like this place. It's busy near the city but I am city girl at heart. I love all the eclectic shopping and easy access to all things awesome! Especially the exhibits and events that happen when your near a big city. I haven't had the chance to enjoy Atlanta too much, we are on a budget this month and what with me going down to West Palm Beach for a visit with my family, I need to be careful where I spend my money. Sam couldn't stay past Monday, unfortunately. He couldn't get the time off of work. And we have a HUGE family reunion to attend in just a few weeks, where he did get time off. I will miss the hubs for the next 2 weeks, but I will enjoy being with my family for that time! I can't wait.

Here's Hayden getting his first haircut. He did so great!:







Before














During














After














Prize!









And here's the Aquarium pictures:







Mommy, daddy and Hayden!












Hayden and his Dan Dan!








No comments:

Post a Comment