Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Stuff we will (one day) get for our home!

I've been thinking a lot about the place we might live in when we move to our new base location. Depending on where, we will either be renting or staying in a house on base. Since I have a 3 person family, a larger house sounds nice! I thought about all the stuff we will bring and all the stuff that will inevitably be sold off or given away. I realized that, though some things we could live without, other things that we need we don't even have! I am making a list of the stuff I would like to aquire, if anything for future reminders, so that I can begin working on this new goal ASAP!

1. Coffee table and matching end tables for living room.
2. A dining table (I have one in mind, it has a wine rack underneath!).
3. A dog. I think I want to try a breeding business... have to figure out which dog I want to breed though. But the first will be strictly for companion purposes.
4. A professional set of pots and pans, preferably Calphalon but a decent set would still be better than the hand-me-down, beaten-up, crusty, rusty, mismatched set (if you can even call it a set) that I already have.
5. A professional knife block set. Wüsthof comes to mind!
6. A chest of drawers for storage purposes, maybe even a hutch? I'm too domestic for my own good.
7. His and Hers computers.
8. Via toy boxes for Hayden's room. They are too adorable, I want them all!
9. Display cases for our abundance of odds and ends.
10. A Cedarworks bunk bed for Hayden's room. This is the créme de la créme of all the things I want to get. Just look at it... you would so want this if you were a kid!

I'm sure there is so much more to add to this list. But I am a realist. And realistically, unless by some miracle we win the lotto that we never play, or inherit some money from our relatives who aren't rich, then these things will only come to us with time and diligent savings. We don't expect to have everything we want in the first few years of being married and having a baby, but we can hope! And the goal is to get these things one day, even if it has to be one pot or knife at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment